otiKiosk – Payment System for Self-Checkout Kiosks
Increasingly self-checkout payment kiosks are being installed in micro markets and automated retail environments throughout the world. These include:
Disadvantages of Traditional Check Out Systems
Traditional attended checkout systems are inefficient and costly, both in terms of money and time. Traditional checkouts are labor intensive to operate and maintain. Long lines and slow service results in a negative purchasing experience for customers. Attendants asking for customer details for marketing purposes is clumsy and lacks privacy. Traditional checkouts take up valuable retail floor space and are limited by shopping hours and staff shifts.
Benefits of otiKiosk Self-Checkout Kiosk Payment Solution
- Can accept cashless forms of payment
- Cost effective – in terms of time and money
- Low labor costs
- 24/7 availability to operate
- Shorter lines
- Ensures a positive customer experience
- Effective capturing of customer data
- Saves Space – 6 Kiosks = 1 traditional checkout
- Cloud-Based Management – Real time alerts and remote system maintenance
- Enables location based promotions
- Upload media and videos remotely
Self Payment Solution for Kiosks
otiKiosk Payment Solution enables self-checkout kiosks with cashless payment usability. In a world going cashless, this is a very important feature. By installing our off-the-shelf otiKiosk payment solution, kiosk operators leverage OTI’s 25years of NFC technology, together with Apriva’s world class Payment Gateway, secure in the knowledge they are dealing with partners they can trust.
Kiosk operators additionally benefit from the remote management efficiencies that otiKiosk connectivity provides. System updates can be done remotely and real-time alerts can be received via any connected mobile device. Video, pictures and sound can be uploaded via the cloud, perfect for location based promotions.
What is Included in the otiKiosk Solution?
otiKiosk components include:
- Secure NFC readers (Uno or Trio Reader)
- Connectivity via our range of controllers and gateways (TeleBox or GoBox); and
- Powerful cloud-based Terminal Management System (TMS) software.