In the high-volume, fast-throughput mass transit environment, the value of seamless cashless payments is clear. For transit operators, NFC and contactless payment cards offer reduced operations and maintenance costs; for passengers, shorter lines, simpler payment, and overall enhanced satisfaction.
oti Reader 6500 – High-quality Outdoor Solution
- Fully certified for multiple payment schemes, including Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, SoftCard SmartTap and INTERAC Flash®.
- Field tested for over 5 years
- Field upgradeable firmware
oti Reader 6100/6200 – High-quality OEM Solution
- Leveraging oti’s expertise in designing customizable antennas for OEM devices
- Field upgradeable firmware
- Completing the ecosystem enabling NFC cashless ticketing using mobile devices
oti’s innovative and proprietary WAVE solution adds NFC, contactless Payment, MIFARE (Classic and DESFire) and Calypso capabilities to existing iPhone and Android mobile devices including tablets. Completely SIM and handset-agnostic, WAVE offers mass-transit operators, banks and MNOs a cost-effective, post-market mobile payment add-on option. With quick time-to-market and cost effective implementation, WAVE allows end-users that do not have NFC enabled smart phone to enjoy NFC based mass-transit services.
Flexible as well as cost-effective, installing the WAVE dongle to any handset requires no expertise or special tooling. WAVE’s contactless interface supports contactless payment for mass-transit ticketing, Visa, MasterCard and other payment networks, debit and credit, ePurse, eCoupons, loyalty program and eHealthcare applications.
WAVE can work as an online dongle that is connected to a smartphone or as a standalone NFC dongle. The required physical proximity of the NFC meets the requirements of the mass-transit system for one-to-one coupling between the payment device and the customer at the gate; such matching is hard to get with other non-proximity technologies like Bluetooth.
ASEC ticket vending machines (“TVM’s”) comprising the ticket sales and distribution
networks are highly specialized devices encoding and loading electronic card tickets for the public
transportation, sell paper tickets and other electronic services. Passengers may pay cash (banknotes and coins) as well as pay with bank payment cards – contact, contactless and magstripe.
All information concerning ticket purchase and TVM’s service are transmitted through a touch screen monitor on which the passenger chooses the options interesting to him/her. The system’s software is provided by ASEC and is adjusted to the customer’s needs and requirements.
The TVMs allow:
• Loading and sale of electronic contactless cards for public transport (periodical tickets, zone tickets, one time tickets, etc.)
• Sale of paper tickets
• Loading of electronic parking fees on contactless cards
• Loading of pre-paid cellular phone cards
• Cash payment (banknotes and coins)
• E-purse payment, payment through Visa and Mastercard payment cards (including contactless payment cards)
• Servicing of city resident cards, tourist cards, social benefit cards and other
• Possibility of maintaining of several ticketing and other systems on the same TVM