|Magna™ is OTI’s proprietary flagship solution for Governmental ID programs. Magna's generic core technology, intuitive modular, hierarchical structure and easy-to-use tools, enable customization virtually without dependency on technical expertise. Magna is a field-proven, flexible and advanced IT backbone.
™ – a state-of-the-art, off-the-shelf, customizable software platform enabling governments and businesses to implement comprehensive, web-based population registration and document issuing systems quickly and easily, significantly reducing the cost of ownership of traditional registration systems.
Magna's web-based design is the key to controlled, seamless integration with existing legacy systems. Magna serves as a comprehensive tool enabling easy monitoring and control of the entire processes typically involved in OTI's End-to-End solutions.
Magna is Ideal for governmental agencies.
Governmental sector - Department or integrator managing a population registry and producing ID or other secure documents for:
Magna - Layered, Modular Architecture
- National Identification: ID, Passport (ePassport), Visa, Voting, Social Security, etc.
- Registration and Licensing: Driving licenses, Vehicle registration, etc.
- Law Enforcement Agencies: Information on prison inmates, probationers, fugitives, etc.
- Health Care: Information about Medicaid patients, immunization records, etc.
- Human Services: Welfare recipients, adopted children, homeless, etc.
- Education: Information about students, faculties and courses.
- E-Government: Information about services, forms, and public records.
- Land and Property: Information about public and private land and property ownership etc.
Magna's architecture is based on a hierarchical and modular infrastructure, enabling governments to easily plan the implementation of long-term expandable programs.
The architecture is comprised of the following layers:
- Core Registry Layer (Grey layer) – This layer serves as the Core Registry Layer found in each Magna–based implementation and supporting all Magna external layers.
- Common Utilities Layer (red layer) – This layer is composed of a series of general utilities/services, which are commonly used in various applications. For example, a Capture/Enrollment utility is used in most of the National ID programs, Passports, Visas Driver's Licenses and more. Being a common utility, it enables customers to re-use it in future implementations with minor adaptations.
- Applications Layer (Blue layer) – This layer includes various applications, which are supported by the previous layers. These applications do not have to all be implemented at once, and may be added one at a time as needed, utilizing existing utilities.
What Does Magna™ Offer?
Governments and commercial enterprises can:
- Implement a modular state-of-the-art population/customer registry system, coexisting with existing legacy systems.
- Migrate from a technically complicated system to a user-friendly one, enabling quick response to new legislation, regulations, business rules and work procedures.
- Provide online services enabling eGovernment applications implementation.
- Implement evolutionary and robust registry and document issuing systems.
- Ensure the quality and integrity of registry database information.
Magna™ provides greatly improved governmental services, introducing scalability solutions and reducing the time required for registry system implementation. It is tamper-proof and counterfeit resistant, facilitates adaptations – even without technical knowledge – through an advanced Graphic User Interface (GUI) and offers innovative generic architecture with built-in customization tools. Staff is trained and guided to follow regulations and procedures. Ultimately, Magna™ saves on the total cost of ownership.
Magna™ typically consists of the following sub-systems (modules):
- Magna™ Enrollment – Responsible for the enrollment of personal demographic and biometric data and transfer to a central database.
- Magna™ Registry – Manages the establishment and handling of the central database interfacing with biometric sub-systems.
- Magna™ Production & Personalization – Monitors the documents issuing and personalization process, while embedding security features.
- Magna™ Document Usage – Various applications which validate the authenticity of the documents and holders (Border Control, Driving Licenses, etc.).